About Rates To Go...
Rates To Go, an online discount hotel booking web site provide the following basic things:
- Offer real time hotel room booking.
- Allow date amendments and cancellations online.
Rates To Go clearly indicate what currency is being quoted, whether the
rate is per person or per room, and what is and what is not included in
the rate, and, if taxes are not included, how much they will be.
The location information of the hotel should be listed on the hotel
description page. This can help identify the distance from the hotel to
certain landmarks or the airport.
- All the information regarding the hotel (such as facilities and rates) should be located on each hotel's web page
- Pictures of the hotel.
- Star quality rating, consumer ratings with consumer reviews.
- Rates To Go has a membership program that offers reward points and privileges.
before and after you book a hotel room online. If you follow this
checklist, you're less likely to have nasty surprises in store for you:
- Have you seen the hotel on a map, and do you understand the exact location?
Do you know what the rate is, which currency it is quoted in, whether
this rate is per person or per room, per night or per complete stay?
- Do you understand the standard/quality of the hotel?
Does the rate include everything or are taxes, surcharges, gratuities,
service fees, etc, extra? How much are such extra costs if they exist?
Are there any other mandatory costs that you might have to pay?
- Are there any extra inclusions such as breakfast, and, if so, is it a cooked or continental breakfast?
- Do you understand what room type and bedding configuration you will be getting?
- Is your reservation guaranteed? Will it be held for late arrival?
- What is the change, cancellation and refund policy if you need to change or cancel your booking?
Did the credit card number you gave to the internet booking service
merely guarantee your room, or did they charge a deposit (or even the
full stay) at the time you made your booking to the credit card?
You may contact the hotel directly 24 hours after you've made your
online booking, to confirm that the booking has appeared in their local
computer system. You may also check with them to see if the booking is
the same as you have made in terms of room type, room rate, dates, etc.
If you have any special needs or requirements or expectations, you
should double check with the hotel directly that these special service
requests have been received by them and are understood and will be
Most importantly, if you prepaid any amounts to the internet website,
confirm that you won't be billed again by the hotel directly.
that most internet websites are completely independent of the hotels
they service, and could be located anywhere in the world; once they get
your money; there is no guarantee that they will pass it on to the
hotel in time for your stay.
Rates To Go
is a website that has answers to all these questions. Visit Rates To Go
for last minute deals for over 5,500 global properties through a real
time booking engine.
Lim is a photographer and avid traveler. She travels extensively for
work and family vacations. She is always on the lookout for bargain
travel deals and discount luxury vacations. This article is courtesy of
Rates To Go
you may freely reprint this article on your website or in your
newsletter provided this courtesy notice and the author name and URL